Friday, April 18, 2008

Episode 2: Random invite opportunities.

I love invite opportunities. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about here it is: I love when I get to invite people to church. It seems like the last few months I really hadn't gotten an opportunity to invite anyone to church. Probably because I wasn't paying attention(I do that sometimes) This week though things have changed big time. I have invited several co-workers to come check out the awesomeness that is New Life.

Here is the best part. It has happened because of Kabbalah. That’s right, because of the religion that Madonna, Demi, Paris, and all those other crazy Kabbalah cult celebrities( hereafter mentioned in this blog as CKCC) follow. Now before you think Ive gone and lost my marbles(a highly debatable topic) ,let me explain.

Pastor B has been doing a series of talks called “thread”. He has been talking about “putting on Christ” and “being clothed in Christ”. At the beginning of the series he gave out red threads to wear on our wrists to remind us to “put on Christ”. Apparently something people who practice Kabbalah do.

It seems as though wearing this red string has suddenly made me ultra-visible to my co-workers, before they just liked me for my hair style. I have had no less than six of them ask me “So, are you practicing Kabbalah now?”. At first I was thinking “Oh great my co-workers are going to think I’m a wacko”(another highly debatable topic). But then I thought, what an opportunity to invite people to church. So that's what I did. I pray all of them come this weekend.

How many invite opportunities have you passed up lately? If you need some help grab a thread this weekend and see what happens.

I love invite opportunities.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Genius...you can't make that stuff up people!

Unknown said...

I've got the Kabbalah comments also. I wish more people would ask me about the red thread, I kind of find it odd that the people at my work didn't even ask.
I'll be offended if they just think I'm part of the CKCC. I think I'll where even longer then a month, it's sound like it could be a great way to give a random invite.

The Ferguson Family: said...

Who knew a red thread would turn into an invite to church?? That's so awesome. Way to go Nate.

Jenny Albro said...

WAY TO GO MAN.. You forgot to mention Britney though.. u cant forget that .. JK.. but on a serious notw that is awsome..