Friday, September 12, 2008

Episode 8: Something good on TV.

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say that it's hard to find wholesome programming on TV these days. While I know that not everything I watch could hold the label of "wholesome", there is one show that I think fits the bill.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a show that I find myself watching from time to time, and thinking "that is so cool." The show takes a family that is deserving and builds them, in 7 days with the help of hundreds of volunteers, a brand new dream home. I am blessed to come from a heritage that taught me to be a giver and this show really personifies that ideal.

If you have never seen the show, I would recommend giving it a try. The ladies will get all emotional(and maybe some of you guys too) when the big "reveal" takes place, and I admit there is something electric that happens when a family sees, for the first time, a new house that has been built by so much love and sacrifice.

This brings me to wonder what my reaction will be when someday I see the place that has been "prepared" for me. I may not shout "move that bus", but I guarantee there will be some shouting going on!

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Cor. 2:9

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Great post...I think of the local church everytime I watch it. Hundreds of volunteers coming together to build "THE" House.